Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Old Babylonian Adoption

It has been a bit crazy at work recently, so I have not had time to blog, but I have put out all the fires (for now) and can get back to this website.

A while back, my wife and I investigated the possibility of adopting, but we ultimately were unable to. The experience got me interested in adoption in the ancient Near East. So I have decided to devote some time to the subject.

I have translated some adoption contracts from the Old Babylonian Period and will post them here and then put together an overview of what I have found. I will also include discussion of contracts translated by others. Most of the contracts are simply slight variations of each other and will not contain many surprises after you have read a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment